Tuesday, April 1, 2014

extra $2 for 2--

Hello fellow readers *COUGHCOUGH*
I give up, I shall only update when I feel like it or when something BIG happens.

So, today was a 9am start; had my coffee, caught the bus to city, then walked to uni- the norm. However, unlike the previous weeks this lecture was completely useless. The lecture was centred around the ethics and code of conduct for professionals- specifically the health department- and expanded on the importance of registration. There was no need to attend this morning... all I did was read manga and searched up Japanese yokais. Halfway through the lecture I had an emote battle out with a friend on line- I obviously won hands down. 

After that was a short break and then Radiation Physics. Lecturer went through the tutorials sheets, informed us about the upcoming exams and then shoo-ed us out the doors by 1pm. An early finish means a long 4 hour break before the physics practicals... Went around shopping for a couple or minutes before I meet up with my cousin to borrow his graphics calculator- didn't help much since I couldn't even use it... Then I went to go find some place to eat~

Walked into the 'Ni Hao' restaurant to try out the spicy noodles. OMFG I THOUGHT THAT THE HALF-HALF BOWL WAS A ONE SERVING. I THOUGHT WRONG. Let me explain; the price for one bowl of a specific noodle bowl was around $14, and the price of the half-half bowl was $16- so I thought the extra $2 was for the two noodles combined in one bowl- not for a serving fit for 2! Arrived at approximately 1:30pm and left at 2:40pm after stuffing my face with noodles. Never shall I order that dish when I'm eating alone...


Headed down to 'Bonsai Botanika' after to digest with the help of some warm green tea. The employees probably remember me by now... I frequent the place so often with the same order hahaha.  After my tea arrived, I sat down and started to brainstorm some destinations for a holiday to Korea- cousin arrived half an hour later and had her input as well. In summary, there will be no ice fishing. That was devastating news- I really wanted to go ice fishing after watching it on 'The Return of Superman" (Korean celeb daddies looking after their kiddies, not the actual Superman from Krypton) 

Ran low on time so I left for uni. Arrived just in time to enter the prac room and discuss the experiment with some possible group members. Everything was fine until we realised that our percentage error was almost over 50%; however, after checking the line of best fit on excel we realised that the detector was dodgy. Yes, we had really dodge results and the reason was because the detector had maxed out and didn't record the amount of counts for the whole duration of the allocated time. Everything else was correct though so the tutor said she didn't mind, and that she understood why our results differed from the other groups.

Found out that I drew incredibly accurate lines of best fit during that prac. I'm not bothered to edit. I'm actually really tired. Hope you enjoyed all the word vomit you just read. I come up with the most awesomest of shits when I don't even try- could've possibly stopped a twitter-pal from entering depression.

xciao, kmnguyn

No comments:

Post a Comment