Sunday, July 5, 2015

SYD DAY1; trekking through sydney in heels

Geeeting fellow humans! (/^ヮ^)/*✧

if you have been following me on social media; I landed in Sydney last night at 5.40pm! Took a while to settle down at my place of accommodation for a the long week so there's not much to talk about there but. Tigerair... cheap flights yes. but so far all my experiences have been bad due to other customers. SERVICE &ALL OTHERS IS VERY GOOD.

Okay so down to the good stuff. SATURDAY: missed multiple buses because Tina had to put on her face. Eventually we got to the Sydney Fish Market and had some suuuuuper duuuuuuper fresh seafood. The Cheesy Scallop are a definite recommended. The have the scallop in the shell and there's cheese everywhere under then it's blazed with a blow torch. SURPRISE WHEN YOU EAT IT THERE'S RICE UNDERNEATH &there's a smokey after taste with the rice because it was blazed. HIGHLIGHT OF THE MARKETS TBH. the tuna was bloody nice as while; literally melts in your mouth.
Okay limited photos cause its 12AM SUNDAY right now. After fish it was the long walk to the Darling Harbour. Took so may photos like the tourist we are. We so dark though cause we Brisbaners honestly didn't think it'd be so sunny in Sydney during the Winter. TREKKED IN HEELED BOOTS INSTEAD OF MY TRAINERS PURELY BECAUSE OF THE SMELL OF FISH FML. walked along the pier all the way to the Sydney Opera House. I died. BUT HEY I FINALLY TOOK A PHOTO WITH MY LOVELY OPERA HOUSE (NO MORE NEED FOR PHOTOSHOP)
Spent around 2 hours there tbh. &went to the GUYLIAN CAFE. What we had below and a gist of how it tasted:
+ Guylian Mocha (left)
    tbh I've never had a mocha before but it was actually pretty bitter. overall it was nice though after I added enough sugar to my taste.
+ Opera My Way Cake (bottom)
    visually it looks very appealing h/e the cake was dense and the raspberry puree was really sweet. overall friend that ordered this said that it was not worth the $$$ 
+ Coffee Eclairs (right)
   the coffee taste wasn't very intense in the coffee icing really just a chock full of cream
+ Ice Coffee w/ Caramel Syrup &Soy Milk (top)
   SOMEONE DRANK CARAMEL so there was only ice coffee with soy. nothing special here.
= OVERALL: basically paid $$$ for the view and location. Customer service was spot on though. Would've been nicer if we chose to dine on the pier instead of inside the cafe.
OFF TO OUTDOOR ICE SKATING! but before that we wandered around city looking for a non existent vodafone store to charge a friend's phone; walked up and down the same street so many times I lost count. so we headed into the APPLE store to charge her phone. we then trained to city and and full on slid across the ice rink on my ass in front of half the population. black pants were literally as white as snow! There even had the inflatable balls were you enter and roll around in the water! 

Dinner was at this place called Pepper Lunch. it was myeh- mainly because I ordered an udon dish. Steak was good &worth the money. Sukiyaki chicken w/udon was terrible mainly due to the overall taste of the dish and how incredibly soggy the udon noodles were. Finally, the kimchi chicken rice with cheese was great- basically like a bowel of bibimbap.

We had AQUA S ice-cream after and its great fucking love. Green apple is a bit too sweet for me though. BUT TOTALLY WORTH THE $$$ EVEN IN THIS COLD AS WINTER. HOME BOUND AND NOW IT'S 1AM FML. Need to be up in 6 hours for the next set of adventures; THIS TIME IN MY TRAINERS.

I have so many photos but damn I either look like a sped, a kid or being a hardcore third wheel somewhere in the background. my life is just a struggle.

I can't deal right now I need sleep and fanfic
ciao

3 comments: